With over 20 years of experience in the technology and internet sector, Lily has served in roles ranging from start-up founder to large-cap corporate executive. She was a former President of TripAdvisor responsible for the Asia-Pacific region, overseeing key markets including China, Japan, India, Australia. Prior to TripAdvisor, Lily was a founding member of Expedia’s global private label and B2B business unit based in London, responsible for marketing and product management as a member of the leadership team. At the beginning of her career, Lily was a member of the Boston Consulting Group in Greater China serving clients in the Consumer Practice and also founded a tech start-up in Cambridge, UK which pioneered the use of wireless charging in mobile devices and is the named inventor of 30 granted patents with over 2300 citations.
Lily was named Leading Woman Director or Executive at the 19th Women of Influence Awards by the American Chamber of Commerce in 2023.
In 2018, Lily was nominated to the board of a Hang Seng Large Cap Index constituent and took on her first public company INED position at age 38. Today, Lily continues bring strategic digital expertise to the boardroom as an INED for the following publicly traded companies:
- Swire Properties Limited (HKSE: 1972) - Independent Non-executive Director, Audit Committee and Digital Steering Committee member. A ~$15Bn market cap real estate developer with large scale mixed use assets across greater China and the USA.
- Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Limited (HKSE: 1929) - Independent Non-executive Director, Nomination Committee Member, Sustainability Committee Member. Chow Tai Fook is one of the world’s largest jewellery companies trading at US$20Bn market cap with over 4700 retail outlets across Greater China
- Sunevision Limited (HKSE: 1686) - Independent Non-executive Director. Sunevision is the leading data center operator in Hong Kong and a subsidiary of Asian conglomerate Sun Hung Kai.
In addition, Lily also serves the follow privately-held companies:
- Herbert Smith Freehills LLC: an elite international law firm with headquarters in London and Sydney with 2500+ lawyers spanning over 25 offices internationally. Lily serves as an external member of the Global Council and the Risk Management & Audit Committee
- Octopus Cards: A leading fintech, mobile wallet and digital payment operator regulated by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority with over 98% penetration in Hong Kong
- Hotelbeds Group: a board member and advisor to global industry leader in B2B travel distribution and traveltech backed by private equity sponsors: Cinven, EQT and CPPIB
Between 2019 and 2022, Lily was an Advisor to the Office of the President of Mars Inc, with a focus on Mars’ global veterinarian healthcare and nutrition businesses as well as the China portfolio and investments. Lily is an Advisory Board member of the Chinese University of Hong Kong Executive MBA program.
Lily holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Engineering, a Master of Engineering degree with distinction from the University of Cambridge and holds a graduate certificate in Artificial Intelligence from Stanford University.
Lily has been quoted or featured in: